Proposal submission will involve two rounds: an initial LOI followed by invitations from AR3T to submit full proposals.
Round 1 Letter of Intent: The applicant is required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) that consists of a project name, investigator information (names of PI and collaborators, institutional affiliations, sponsoring organizations, and email addresses), a short description of the project, and a project summary (3 sentence maximum).
Round 2 Full Proposal: The full proposal should be uploaded as a PDF file, and should meet the following requirements:
- Cover Letter from PI(s) including a statement of the relevance of the proposed work to the field of Regenerative Rehabilitation.
- Research Plan: The research proposal will generally follow an R03 format and should include:
- A one-page specific aims
- Brief background, preliminary studies, methods, timeline (limited to a total of 4 pages)
- Address the resources available to support the proposed work
- Budget & Budget Justification: Please note that
- The budget must include both direct and indirect costs
- PI salary support must be limited to 15% of direct costs
- The budget cannot cover conference travel
- Inclusion of capital equipment will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Address Compliance Issues
- Animal studies must include a Vertebrate Animals section
- Concise description of procedures involving animals, identifying species, strains, ages, sex and total number to be used by species
- Justification for the appropriateness of the species for the proposed research; and an explanation for the use of proposed species versus alternative models
- Interventions to minimize discomfort, pain, distress and injury
- Justification for the euthanasia method if not consistent with the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals
- Assurance of IACUC and/or hSCRO approval and of completion of NIH-mandated responsible conduct or research training, where indicated, must be furnished after Award notice and before funds can be released.
- Investigator Biosketches: Biosketches are limited to four pages.
Please see review criteria for more information.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017 Grant Challenge. Subscribe to the AR3T newsletter in order to receive the latest news on research and grant opportunities for Regenerative Rehabilitation researchers.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com