Proposal submission will involve two rounds: an initial LOI followed by invitations from AR3T to submit full proposals.
Round 1 Letter of Intent: The applicant is required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) that consists of a project name, investigator information (names of PI and collaborators, institutional affiliations, sponsoring organizations, and email addresses), a short description of the project, and a project summary (3 sentence maximum).
The LOI should be submitted by July 1, 2017. Selected proposals will be invited to participate in the Round 2 application process, starting on August 1, 2017.
Round 2 Full Proposal: The full proposal should be uploaded as a PDF file, and should meet the following requirements:
- Cover Letter from PI(s) including a statement of the relevance of the proposed work to the field of Regenerative Rehabilitation.
- Research Plan: The research proposal will generally follow an R03 format and should include:
- A one-page specific aims
- Brief background, preliminary studies, methods, timeline (limited to a total of 4 pages)
- Address the resources available to support the proposed work
- Budget & Budget Justification: Please note that
- The budget must include both direct and indirect costs
- PI salary support must be limited to 15% of direct costs
- The budget cannot cover conference travel
- Inclusion of capital equipment will be considered on a case-by-case basis
- Address Compliance Issues
- Animal studies must include a Vertebrate Animals section
- Concise description of procedures involving animals, identifying species, strains, ages, sex and total number to be used by species
- Justification for the appropriateness of the species for the proposed research; and an explanation for the use of proposed species versus alternative models
- Interventions to minimize discomfort, pain, distress and injury
- Justification for the euthanasia method if not consistent with the AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals
- Assurance of IACUC and/or hSCRO approval and of completion of NIH-mandated responsible conduct or research training, where indicated, must be furnished after Award notice and before funds can be released.
- Investigator Biosketches: Biosketches are limited to four pages.
The Round 2 application deadline is October 1, 2017. Award Notifications will be sent out by November 1, 2017, for a January 1, 2018 start date.
Please see review criteria for more information.
Access the online grant application April 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.